A dog, entangled in a life-or-death struggle, is bitten five times by a rattlesnake as it desperately attempts to break free from the venomous grip

Toad, a German Shorthaired Pointer, was roaming around outside near his Kuna, Idaho home when he came spotted a rattlesnake.

The rattlesnake grabbed him and bit him five times.

“As I approached him, I saw a snake cartwheeling in the air, and when I came up to him, I put him between me and the snake, and when I attempted to catch him, huge mistake, there were numerous snakes,” his owner, Fritz Brownell, told KTVB.

Toad’s owners immediately hurried him to the vet, but the poison had already taken effect, and he began bleeding from his lips and gums.

The veterinarians soon checked him and determined that he had been bitten several times on both sides of his face, as well as on his front left leg. He immediately swelled, but vets gave him an anti-venom injection.

His owners were concerned that he would not survive, but he did.

Toad’s owners are encouraging other pet owners to be cautious in locations where rattlesnakes may be present as he heals.

According to Idaho Fish and Game, the best thing to do right now is to keep your pets on a leash while out strolling in the foothills or desert.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *